Monday, November 05, 2007

Losing keys and our minds


Last week I am at work and get a call.
"Do you have the key? I can't find mine."
"Yes I do have the key" So I drive back home give the key and go back to work. The key is looked for and not found. Then the next day my key goes missing we are down 2 keys (actually 3 because one was lost a yr ago) and actually have zero keys with the car seats locked in side the car. So after much looking and cleaning still no keys and my favorite part is the craziness that your mind goes through trying to figure out where any of the 3 keys might be. It starts out pretty reasonable. You look where the keys are usually put, then you check your coats and pants and shirt pockets from piles of clothes you have recently have worn but then it degenerates in to thinking that somehow the keys could have found themselves hiding in a box I haven't touched in a year in the back of the closet (Well maybe the key fell out of a coat pocket and just happened to fall in a corner of this box...... Or maybe we sucked it up in the vacuum (as if we wouldn't hear it.) I can't tell all of the far fetched places I looked to find the missing keys. Of course I managed to find 1 key and yes it was exactly where I keep my key in my bag but found on the 3rd inspection of the bag when I turned it upside down and emptied the contents exclaiming how pointless this was to be doing this for the 3rd time that day. So we are still down 2 keys and you guessed it they are the ones with the remote that cost 200+ to replace. We will keep on looking in strange places and hoping one of them turns up.

1 comment:

Rob said...

LMK if you find mine while you're looking...