Tuesday, June 03, 2008

bedroom paint!

Summer project #1 is sort of finished--that is, the walls are painted and now I need things like a new window covering, new trim, etc. I don't know how well the color will show up but I wanted a 1960s aqua color. The room is pretty dark and so the duvet cover is mostly white and the white dressers look nice against it.

I'm not really sure about the bed in the corner there--it's a bit awkward--but it does then free up a little space for a sitting area. Of course we've never been ones to actually sit in our bedroom so the chairs will probably be clothes-gatherers...and the chairs are the wrong color totally, but I'm hoping that perhaps pillows will tie them in? I also need some art for the walls, and more turquoise/aqua/white stuff.

I'd love to know what you think--any decorating ideas? The bed needs a tailored skirt since you can see right under it now...art, more light, what else? A


4 comments:

Didge said...

wow...a summer project already finished and it isn't even officially summer yet (June 21st?). It looks good, I can imagine that putting the bed there gives you a lot of space for that little group of chairs where you read the paper and sip a java and eat a croissant on Saturday mornings around 10 am. Ha Ha. Unfortunately the reality of it in our room is that anything that is there like a chair or that quaint antique ladder just gets covered with clothes. I guess that makes them easier to pick up there than off of the floor...?? Don't know when I will grow up and finally start picking up after myself. Glad to know that some other adults have the same problem. I like the spread, and I think you could pick up the chocolate brown in it for some wall art or pics of the kids or your beloved framed? Or how about some of those 'wallies' in solid brown? IKEA has a cool one that looks like a tree. Some cool driftwood would look good in the corner. Happy decorating and one project to check off of the list!

alleykat said...

I'm not an interior decorator or anything, but I'd like to see the view out the window when I wake up, that is if it's going to double as your workers room! :)

prrrof said...

alleykat, you can have that bed anytime!! come on over.

Left Coast Sister said...

I agree with the brown... how about a stripe of it a few feet from the ceiling? I like the new arrangement... very cozy looking!