Monday, August 25, 2008

Sniff, sob

So today marked another milestone on the road between diapers and acne: the first day of kindergarten. I was caught off guard by how emotional it made me feel in anticipation, but I was able to hold it together today--whew. Siena was *very* excited to start kindergarten and she had her new backpack packed last night...and her clothes are set out for the week. She goes every day, and it's all-day kindergarten. She seemed to do just fine today--they start kindergarten here by having only 1/2 of the students come, and now she has tomorrow off so the other half can come. That way they ease in a bit and get used to things. Here she is meeting her teacher again and figuring out how to attach her nametag: The highlights of today were: recess (they have monkey bars! Imagine!); practicing going to the cafeteria; actually *going* to the cafeteria; and the Hello and Goodbye songs. All of this bodes well for a good year, I think.

Remy started at a new preschool, and we're pretty excited about it. It's a small school with only 4 classes of 10, and they can do part of the day in immersion Spanish. After he gets acclimated, we may try to do that. While we liked his last school fine, we think that this will be a good move. But our babies! They're growing up.

2 comments:

Didge said...

It is fun to think of your kids doing the same thing ours are, only I am not so good at reporting it. I did manage to take pictures tho and will get them posted sometime. Ours won't let me come in their classroom tho. No more mom. Another milestone on that road well-travelled I guess. Hope their school enthusiasm keeps up!

jay are said...

oh, I know! It goes so fast :( Imagine this: my first "baby" had his first day of college yesterday. Talk about wondering where the years went!! How is that possible?