Friday, November 17, 2006

The Big Game

After 6 years in Michigan we can appreciate the strong rivalry of tomorrows game. I can't even guess what tickets were selling for this week. hang on let me check ebay.
OK I am back. It seems some goofball has 2 tickets with good view for $100,000 dollars. Obviously this is a little ridiculous. Most tickets are in the $1,800 to $5,000 range. I think this is the first time they have met as a #1 and #2. It has been a while since a #1 has met a #2. So it has been quite a buildup I am sure in SE Michigan and Northern Ohio. I must admit I have only listened to one Michigan game this year as I have been taken up with our own BSU #12 and it is not easy to find them broadcast on the internet. I will have to see if I can take in this game though especially since if BSU can't beat Utah State they don't deserve to be watched.

So if there wasn't even drama. The old crotchety coach of the Wolverines that made the rivalry what it is when he left OSU to coach for Michigan died during a pregame interview. He has had a long hisotry of cardiac issues since a heart attack the night before the 1970 Rose Bowl. Earlier this week I listened to him being interviewed on a Michigan radio station over the internet. The TV people have to love what this ads to the hype. They have Bo and Woody (ledgendary OSU coach and mentor of BO) coaching from on high. It is a little goofy to me but it should be a great game. As a Michigan fan I don't think I would go if you gave me the $100,000 dollars because when Uof M beats OSU in Columbus it is the last place I would want to be. So all I have to say is GO BLUE.

No comments: