Monday, February 26, 2007

The case of the wet underwear

It is 2AM and as my conciousness rises to the surface I hear the padding of feet. It is not the sound of solo feet but of two kids runnning into the bedroom. My wife is the first to respond. "You guys can lay down here on my side of the bed but you need to go get your pillows and blankets." The padding retreats except I notice one diverts to the bathroom. In a minute there is the unmistakable moan/cry of someone half asleep that has wet their pants. So the dad jumps into action. He finds the girl in the bathroom with the classic jumpsuit footy pajamas zipped to the very top with the girl standing and moaning, "I wet my pants". Yes this is obvious and we start to take off the pajamas. At this point I say, "You need to get your underwear off and get new ones." To this she acts very suprised and says, "But my underwear are not wet." Hmmm. Not wanting to start a debate about how it is not possible to have wet pajamas and dry underwear I decide to take another approach. "OK. I am going to go get some new pajamas then" Of I go to get pajamas and underwear. By the time I get back an astonished girl exclaims. "Daddy, my underwear are wet." Yes, I know and here we have a new pair." Isn't it amazing the things parents know. Sherlock Holmes she may not be yet but perhaps a strong Dr. Watson in the making.

2 comments:

Rob said...

just for the record, my underwear is dry today.
hang on, let me check again...
yep, still dry.

jay are said...

lol...that is too great. man, dad's just know EVERYTHING. like magic or something.