Friday, February 23, 2007

Hmm..... So what's new?

I have been shirking my blogging duties and am not sure I have much to add today but feel guilty for lack of posting so I will pretend to blog something of interest. I am going to go with the hodge podge approach today.

1. I had a good laugh this last week when I decided to measure the kids to see how tall they were. Girl= 43 in and Boy= 36in. Then I thought I should see what the height limit is for tubing on the ski hill. It is 36 inches. So the kids and I checked out the tubing hill and looked at pictures online. Later on we were talking about someday else and my daughter said, "Dad I think that Tuliping really looks like fun!" I gave her a confused look. "You know tuliping on the ski hill."

2. I am in my classic long planning stage for some home remodeling. Yes, I went to the art store and got grid paper and measured out the entire house to try to figure out what to do. By the time we figure out what to do we won't have the finances to do it.

3. Speaking of finances I am planning to sell my Passat. So if any of you are interested in a fine European Sport wagon let me know. It is a great car but the verdict is that we don't need two expensive late model cars but rather sell one and get a little runabout as my wife is now just 2 miles from work and I am just 5 miles. My wife also claims she is going to ride her bike to work but I will wait to see the day on that one. So we can bank the money from the Passat for more home remodeling. So the question remains...what are you going to replace the Passat with? Well, this will shock most of you but I am thinking about a VW. So you are probably wondering about my past cars (or not) I will list them here for you:
1. 1978 VW Rabbit diesel
2. 1986 VW GTI
3. 1990 VW Golf
4. 1990 Ford Explorer
5. 1997 VW Jetta
6. 1997 Jeep Wrangler
7. 1991 Honda Civic
8. 2002 VW Passat Wagon
9. 2005 Honda Pilot

So you note a certain pattern here. Mostly German with a few Japanese and American cars thrown in. So I figured that I should go back to our roots and get a classic. I am in the process of looking for a 1992 or 1993 VW Cabriolet. This would be the car to run back and forth to work with. It will take a little work to find a good one. Let me know if anything pops up in your neighborhood. I have a few helpers looking for me and I check craigslist often. I found some guy that bought a 1992 for less then blue book with 10,000 miles on the odometer. Not likely to find one of those but will keep looking.

4. Winter has returned unfortunately. We have had snow the last 2 mornings. It is not supposed to be above freezing tomorrow. So much for our 60 degree days last month. Although I think it is still warmer than Michigan. One of our recent bedtime routines is to warm up these hot packs (the kind that have rice in them) in the microwave and take them to bed for our feet to keep our toes warm. I need to improve on the concept so you can actually get your feet all the way inside. I can make up some catchy marketing phrase and sell them by the millions.

5. Speaking of making my millions. I was looking on CafePress the other day and saw that someone had stolen my Obama campaign slogan and put it on a tshirt. So much for that get rich scheme.
Ok that is enough for one night. Maybe I will try to add a hodge podge of pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

jay are said...

Don't you hate when someone steals your idea?? My husband has had several million dollars worth of great inventions stolen before he got them on from his brain to the factory. Sheez.
And I think tuliping sounds like an excellent idea! That is just too cute.