Thursday, October 19, 2006

A blog just for blogs sake



As the title implies this is a blog without much content but is being posted because I have some time despite not having much to say. For the first time in 3 months I got a paycheck today. It is nice to actually contribute to our debt again and the check went directly to Capitol One Visa. Too bad the credit card has been paying for boring stuff like childcare and not exciting things like fishing stuff or computer stuff etc. Ok I must make one small confession that I did buy a new toy on ebay. It is an Ipaq 5500. I gave my old one to mom and dad to use as a gps and of course I needed a replacement. It is essentially 3 yrs old but works great. It has wireless and so I can do wireless email, chat, internet etc at home and at work or wherever there is wireless. I am trying to get all the old stuff that was on my old one transfered to this one. It was a good price on ebay and works well.

Now I must also complain that for the first time in my nearly ten year association (with nearly 100 transactions) with Ebay I have finally been ripped off. It is somewhat my fault and I will explain. I bid on a power adapter for a new laptop. It is not an outstanding deal but at least 30$ less then what it would cost at the apple store. So I pay the second it closes as I always do and after a week not response from the seller. I send out a few emails but nothing. So then I get an email from a fellow ebayer that had also "won" something from the same seller inquiring if I had even heard anything from this seller. At this point I knew I was taken. So I complained to ebay and paypal and it is probably hopeless. Here is the advice that I should have followed. Do not buy from anyone that has less then 20 transactions. Our seller had a total of 3. Yes he had 100% satisfaction and you would think even a mega seller on ebay has to start from 1 transaction but unfortunately the ripoff artists are also most likely to sell a couple things probably to themselves or friends and them post a bunch of stuff make a killing and cut and run. So I suppose after nearly a hundred transactions it is not too bad to have one go sour but I would have rather had it be a 5$ item instead of a 70$ item. It won't slow me down too much on ebay but I will follow my advice and my gut the next time.

1 comment:

SoozeSchmooze said...

Lol....you have done very well on E-bay...but one rip off like that is painful...hope you get some satisfaction from your follow up of reporting it...Susie..