Friday, December 08, 2006

Not too many blogs but lots of boxes and work.

Well, the postings have been pretty sparse if not nonexistent. We have lots of good excuses. The biggest being that in the last 6 days we have moved, cleaned new house, cleaned old house, and attempted to put away boxes upon boxes of stuff. Thrown in between was work. I had good intentions to get some pictures to corroborate my excuses but alas. You will just have to believe me.
We are very much enjoying our new house in that our commute times are cut in half for me and in 1/6th for everyone else. It is also great to be so close to the greenbelt although because of unpacking and poorly timed naps we have only made it 1 time but it was a glorious evening with a almost full moon with crisp air and lots of honking geese and ducks looking for places to spend the night. The moon was coming up on one side and the sun was going down on the other. I think it takes me back to growing up by a creek and I very much enjoyed spending time there. The main difference is that I had free run of my creek for the most part but this river I have to share with lots of people. The good news is that this river also happens to have steelhead, rainbow trout, and brown trout that could eat the rainbows I had in my creek. We are within walking distance of some good holes that we need to explore. I need to get some new waders as my current ones have some nice holes in the crotch that you can't see but you feel when the 35 degree water leaks in on a 25 degree day. I also need to have some of the locals take me out and show me the ropes.
Speaking of having wet pants. The other day I did a good one. At work we carry around containers of fruit cocktail to test our patients swallow function with soft solid consistencies. I usually carry a couple in my back pocket but frequently take them out of my pocket when I get where I am going to be more comfortable. I then load them back up before I go on to the next pt. So I checked out the pt using one of the containers and I am cleaning up putting things back in my pocket and as you have already guessed I put a seemingly full and sealed container of open fruit cocktail in my rear pocket. I quickly figured it out and got a towel and sopped it up after removing the offending container. The good news is that it doesn't take scrubs long to dry and my behind gave off a nice fruity aroma for the rest of the day. It also made the day of the nurse that had the pt as well as some of my other coworkers that enjoyed my misfortune. This is not a mistake I am likely to make again and if I do I am not likely to admit it.

1 comment:

SoozeSchmooze said...

Thanks for sharing the work story Conrad...nurses have horrible senses of humor.. :) I can only just imagine how amused they all were...nice to be the talk of the day!!