Thursday, December 14, 2006

Successful Deer Hunting Trip

We are quite enjoying our new house. The commute is great and we have met a few of our neighbors and they seem great. Most of the neighbors are of the senior variety which I think is not a bad thing. They are home alot and like to watch after the place and know the area well as they have lived here forever. I went out walking today with the kids. I think I have said before how much I enjoy the river. We met a lady out walking today. She was probably in her 70's. She had 2 walking sticks and reported to me that she had had 2 knee replacements. She complained that she wasn't what she was and she could only manage a 3 mile walk instead of 4 miles. She was very spunky and we enjoyed talking and walking with her.
One of the impeti (does that count for plural of impetus) for our walks was to see some wildlife, most specifically deer as my daughter had missed the deer the rest of us had seen the night before. I am glad to report we were not disappointed. We say 3 deer on th eother side of the river down by the water getting a drink. We also saw countless ducks and geese on the river. I think in th eyears to come we will really enjoy the river and the animals. We have also had a couple of raccoons that fight like an old married couple outside our bedroom door. This is not so great but it might be fun for the kids to see one one of these days.
There is nothing much else to report. We have lots going on this weekend with a dad and daughter day out to the nutcracker on Sat afternoon and two xmas parties and maybe a basketball game if we aren't worn out. We haven't made any games this year but might have to venture out and support the local team.
I guess that is it for the night. I will try to get some pictures together for the next post. Of course if I would have taken the camera tonight on our hunt there wouldn't have been any deer.

1 comment:

Left Coast Sister said...

Racoons fighting outside your bedroom door?? Get them out of the house, my friend.