Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Three Cheers for CASIO


I like to applaud companies for good service just as well as I like to slander companies for bad service. Well here is one on the plus side for CASIO. We bought a camera from them nearly 2 yrs ago. It is a EX-Z750 we have loved it. It is small has a huge screen and battery life is terrific. So my wife was taking pictures and dropped it on the carpeted floor with the lens out (it has an automatic lens) and it wouldn't go back in. So I got online to see if it was going to cost more to fix it then to buy a new one and it looked like it fell in the range between 30-110$ to fix. I decided that that we reasonable as we could get an estimate prior to having it fixed. It wasn't under warranty as it had been two years but I threw in a copy of the original receipt when I sent it to Dover, NJ on 1/19/07. So a couple days later I get an email saying they had received it. So far so good. A couple days later they say it is fixed and we owe.......0$. I was not sure if they thought it was somehow under warranty as I had put the receipt in or if I was the millioneth person to have dropped a camera and had to have the lens assembly replaced or some camera repair lineman knew that we could use 100$ to buy food instead of camera repairs. Whatever it was, I am glad to have our little camera back and in working order. The impressive part is that this all took place in 11 days with half of that time taken up in shipping. Oh and they also upgraded the firmware (I am not sure what this did to make it better but I am happy none the less. There is my endorsement for CASIO.

No comments: